Tonight Bryan and I decided it was time to try the Families at Five church service. We didn't know much about it. It is Sunday evenings and geared for families with small children. Neither Ellie or Will wanted to go to Church. We told them we were trying something new.
Tonight they learned the story of Noah's Ark. The kids were called to the front of the Chapel twice. They behaved very well. Ellie always held Will's hand and they walked up front together. They were eager to learn. (It also helped that they got to play with the Little People Noah's Ark) Bryan and I were amazed at how well behaved they were.
They have been singing their new favorite song all night.
Who built the Ark, Noah, Noah
Who built the Ark, Brother Noah built the Ark
Ellie even asked to have it added to the bed time routine. Will heard me singing it, came down the hall from his room and climbed in bed with Ellie and I to sing the song together. Ellie announced that she loves church and wants to go tomorrow after school. When I told her that we will go to Church again next Sunday... Ellie put her hands on her hips and announced that she was not happy. She wants to go tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment